5 Things I Am Too Grown For
Recently, I was thoroughly tried! A fellow group member (oh how I loath school group projects) decided to attack me in a group email because she was being a rude chick to a timid chick and I stood up for her. I got sucked in the trap, not by pointing out things that she was doing wrong, but by defending myself. She was attacking my work and I wasn't having it!
However, I noticed something. I was angry. I was so mad and desperate to prove my point, get all upset and defensive, to someone who was not at all important to my life. Why was I wasting my happiness on her? Why was I letting someone ruin my mood and evening?
Listen, I am no stranger to throwing down with the best of them, but I have decided a long time ago that it is a waste of my energy and brainpower to argue with ignorant people. Especially on those that spit lies and find no fault in themselves. No time!
From this situation, I've decided to share 5 things that I am just too grown for and you should be too!
1. I am too grown for trying to prove something to someone. Unless you are writing a check for me (and this is even debatable), I don't have to prove my worth, abilities, or talents to you for any reason at anytime of your choosing. I can show you better than I can tell you. And the fact that I am becoming a mogul, speaking it into existence daily, will be all the "proof" you'll need.
2. I am too grown for arguing. I don't have time to get all emotional over things or people that do not matter in my life. No time for internet trolls, too grown for toxic people, and way too grown for down right miserable people who want to make others miserable too. Take note people, you can't argue with an idiot. You also can't argue with someone who is not willing to argue with you.
3. I am too grown for time wasters. You know, the people that want to hang around and do a bunch of nothing. Don't get me wrong, sometimes a good relaxing day is just what you need to recharge. But we gota be recharging for something. These people that like to do a bunch of nothing tend to be working toward nothing but always want to talk about what they are going to do. Nope no time for that. I need to be making moves and doing things to better myself. Hanging around doing nothing will keep you broke and unhappy. Nope. No thank you.
4. I am too grown for not saying when something is wrong or bothering me. Too grown for trying to bottle it all up inside. It ain't worth it. Now I am sitting back angry and bothered, and those feelings then start to effect other things. If I have an issue or feel offended, I want to talk to that person (not ABOUT that person or situation) and resolve it. Half the time it's a simple misunderstanding.
5. I am too grown for unforgiveness. Holding on to past situations only makes you angry, sad, and feeling unloved. Letting situations and people that may have hurt me or angered me go, is not for them. It's freedom for me and allows me to evict them from my mind and heart. Otherwise, they are living there rent free and AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!
So now that we know what we are too grown for, what do we do instead? We live each day like it's our last. We go for things instead of sitting around waiting for it to fall in our laps. We have meaningful conversations and have fun in life. We take serious things serious, but understand life happens and become adaptable. We forgive people and not let negativity affect us. And we love ourselves because if we don't, who else will?
What are you too grown for?