Edible Finger Paint
It's a hot summer and the little ones are home driving you crazy, huh? Just in case they are, I've come across one cool DIY project that you can do that the young ones will enjoy! While scouring Pinterest for a cool project, I came across edible finger paint by Allison Sonnier on Learn Play Imagine. It's super easy and my nieces enjoyed it so much when we tried it.
1. 1/2 cup of flour
2. Water (enough for desired consistency)
3. Food Coloring (enough for desired color)
4. Poster board (or any kind of paper)
5. Mixing spoon
For more creative fun, you can include the following:
1. Paint Brushes (optional)
2. Sponges (optional)
1. Add the dry flour to a bowl.
2. Add water little by little and stir after each time. There should be no lumps in the mixture. Don't make the base too watery because it will crinkle your paper.
3. Add drops of food coloring.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 for each additional color.
6. Get your poster board or paper and paint!
1. Add a few food color drops for a pastel color; add a lot of drops for a richer color.
2. Mix food coloring colors in the base to get different colors. (That's how we got purple paint!)
Maybe you noticed in the picture above, there are two extra blue and yellow edible finger paints but in a different consistency. If you didn't notice, that's okay. The extra bowls of edible finger paint are actually made of vanilla yogurt and this recipe works better for the toddlers who will actually eat the paint because it tastes good.
1. 1/4 cup of vanilla or plain yogurt
2. Food Coloring (enough for desired color)
3. Poster board (or any kind of paper)
4. Mixing spoon
1. Place the yogurt in a bowl.
. Add drops of food coloring.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 for additional colors.
5. Get your poster board or paper and paint!
As you can see, Jayla loved the yogurt edible finger paint!
If by chance you were worried about the art work drying, don't be. Both edible finger paints will fully dry in a small amount of time. So grab your kids and try this out! Let us know how it goes by posting a picture and tagging us on instagram, Besties_and_Babies.